Smarty Pants partners with many of the world’s leading marketers to develop winning new products for kids, tweens, and teens. We employ a consumer-centric process that results in concepts that are not only innovative but feasible in the marketplace.
New Product Innovation
Whether blazing entirely new territory or brainstorming close-in line extensions, Smarty Pants can lead the charge for the next big thing. From exploratory research to production of BASES-ready concepts to final testing of product prototypes, working with Smarty Pants on new product development initiatives is exactly what it should be - full of insights, category and target expertise, market savvy and FUN! Imagine real collaboration with a talented, consumer-centric partner that knows what it takes to success in the youth and family marketplace.
The Smarty Pants team excels at:
- Uncovering the insights that pinpoint unmet consumer needs and fuel the creative process
- Leading brainstorming and idea development sessions
- Producing exceptionally-rendered digital concepts
- Crafting test-ready, consumer-friendly concept language
- Product naming
- Leading qualitative and quantitative research to evaluate and refine ideas
- Testing final product prototypes before launch
- Developing brand positionings and portfolio management plans
Many clients now recognize that creating great products is really about co-creating great products. This decision to bring consumers into the product development equation means that end-users play an instrumental, if not most critical, role in the innovation process.
The Smarty Pants Co-Creation process is a multi-phase experience that begins with at-home ideation and ends with co-evaluation. At the heart of the process are in-person Creation Station sessions that allow the entire innovation team to create as one, including:
- Researchers, moderators and strategists
- Marketing executives and brand/category managers
- Engineers/food scientists/product designers
- Kids, tweens, teens and/or parents
- Industry experts/advisors
- Agency creatives and account execs
- Key project stakeholders
Our many success stories using co-creation techniques have shown that breaking down the corporate-consumer wall is worth the time and energy, and the outcome is infinitely more compelling.